Tannoy DVS6T Surface Mount Loudspeaker
Designed for a wide variety of discrete small/medium scale sound reinforcement applications, the Tannoy DVS 6 is an ultra compact surface mount loudspeaker of exceptional value and acoustic performance. A full bandwidth loudspeaker designed for commercial, professional and residential applications where environmental durability and high quality sound reproduction are required. For both indoor and limited outdoor use, these speakers are ideally suited to stereo or monaural background or foreground music systems in such applications as diverse as theme park attractions, retail premises, restaurants and cafes, hotel lobbies and bars, corporate audio visual, residential developments and houses of worship.
The point-source design comprises a 150mm (6.00”) mid bass driver with a coaxially counted 19mm (0.75”) high frequency section mounted in a stylish injection moulded surface-mount enclosure manufactured from ABS material. The new device is certified for water and dust ingress protection to IP64 standard and is currently pending UL Listed status (UL-1480) making it a perfectly capable performer in challenging interior areas such as swimming pools, saunas or work areas where unusually high levels of dust or moisture may be present, as well as most outdoor applications where extreme environmental or harsh weather conditions are not a typical concern.
The highly durable and scuff resistant, high impact ABS enclosure is available inblack or white painted finish and comes with an integral mild steel grille designed with optimum aesthetic sensitivity in mind. A steel mounting bracket is included, which fits easily to the device via finger-tightened plastic screw-nut on the top and bottom of the enclosure, making installation quick and hassle-free. Thanks to the point-source driver design, the DVS 6 can be mounted vertically or horizontally without compromising the dispersion and coverage control.
Transformer version – the DVS 6t
The DVS 6t model option is equipped with an internally mounted low insertion loss line transformer for 70V or 100V distributed sound applications. Wattage taps are configurable to the following settings via a rotary tapping switch, which is located on the back panel.
- 150mm (6”) coaxial transducer for high performance and durability
- 110 degree controlled conical dispersion for optimum coverage
- Exceptional performance to value ratio
- Weather resistant rated IP64 to EN60529 (IEC529)
- Stylish, durable ABS enclosure available in black or white
- Phase coherent design for superior vocal articulation and music reproduction
- No crossover required, ensuring better phase, impedance and sensitivity response and increased durability
- Painted steel yoke bracket supplied.
- Five year loudspeaker warranty
- Low insertion loss 60W transformer for use in distributed audio installations (DVS 6t only)
- Indoor and outdoor commercial, professional and residential installations
- High level stereo or monaural background or foreground music and speech paging systems
Price Per Pair
See PDF for specifications