Lexicon PCM96 Stereo Reverb/ Effects Processor
The PCM96 from Lexicon is a hardware stereo reverb/effects processor that provides a blend of both heritage and innovation. The processor delivers 28 algorithms drawn from new and reworked legendary Lexicon reverbs, delays and modulation effects. The former include completely new Room and Hall algorithms.
The new Room algorithm allows Reflection patterns to be easily selected, scaled and equalized, all while simultaneously passing audio. They can be instantly reversed or combined with a traditional reverb to extend the decay, or to bring a stronger sense of space surrounding the source material.
The addition of multi-mode filters at several spots in the audio flow provides new capabilities to Lexicon's traditional reverbs by allowing more exact shaping of the reverb, while still maintaining the distinctive Lexicon sound. All reverbs also have an "Infinite" switch that allows the reverb to run forever, a useful feature for creating unusual backgrounds and sound effects for post.
For Mac users, the unit can function as a control-only insert, or FireWire streaming audio plug-in inside any VST or Audio Units software. With two channels XLR analog and two channels XLR AES/EBU digital input and output, as well as MIDI, Ethernet and FireWire connectivity, the PCM96 easily fits into a variety of recording and live sound environments.
- Stereo reverb processor built on a rich heritage of processing that includes the 480L and 960L, along with the PCM series, but designed for the modern studio environment
- Includes 28 new and legendary Lexicon reverbs, delays and modulation effects
- New "Room" algorithm, used to generate a vast array of room-related effects for music and post
- Over 1,200 factory presets, including recognizable classics from Lexicon's immense library of sounds
- Seamless automation and control via Ethernet or FireWire
- Hardware Plug-In capability inside Mac VST and Audio Units production software
- 32-bit floating point processing
- Sample rates up to 96kHz
- 2 channel XLR analog input and output
- 2 channel XLR digital AES/EBU input and output
- External BNC Wordclock
- MIDI In, Out and Thru
- Compact Flash Card compatibility for additional storage
RRP AU$6819.00 AUD$5725.00