Lexicon Omega 8x4x2 Desktop Recording Studio
The OMEGA studio from Lexicon is an integrated computer recording system that includes an 8x4x2 USB mixer, Cubase LE recording software for both Mac and Windows and Pantheon, a Lexicon reverb plug-in. The system contains all of the components necessary to transform a computer into a 24-bit recording studio, whether for a guitarist, keyboard player, vocalist, instrumentalist or an audio engineer.
Most standard computer I/O boxes are typically based on a patch-bay paradigm. The OMEGAI/O mixer is based on a mixer paradigm and includes input, output and mixing functions that support a variety of tracking/monitoring applications while requiring no additional mixing hardware. The mixer provides eight inputs which are assignable in pairs to any of four simultaneous record channels. They feature ultra-transparent, high-resolution analog to digital converters to capture a performance with pristine 24-bit quality.
Two of the inputs feature extremely low-noise dbx microphone preamps with 48-volt phantom power and 1/4" TRS insert points. The four 1/4" TRS active balanced line inputs on the OMEGAaccept either unbalanced or balanced equipment. An S/PDIF input is included that combined with an additional DAC for zero-latency direct monitoring allows for simultaneous tracking of analog and digital sources. A high-impedance instrument input is conveniently accessible on the front panel.
The OMEGA I/O mixer provides a peak indicator for each analog input as well as an assignable bar graph meter for signal level monitoring. By monitoring the signal at the A/D converters, it avoids the problems with software-only level monitoring that can miss clipping and ruin a track. The mixer also includes a fully opto-isolated MIDI input to ensure that there is no annoying ground loop hum or MIDI talk-through noise and the MIDI output has rock-solid synchronization to USB frame rate to support applications requiring critical sync.
- Integrated computer recording system
- Includes input, output and mixing functions that support a variety of tracking/monitoring applications while requiring no additional mixing hardware
- Multi-track recording software with 48 audio and 64 MIDI tracks
- Professional audio editing and processing features with full automation of volume, pan, mute and effects
- MIDI score editor with advanced quantization and logical presets
- Supports up to 8 VST instruments
- Two insert and four effect sends per channel
- VST system link and ReWire 2 compatible
- World-class Lexicon reverb with a simple, yet powerful user interface
- 35 factory presets, 6 reverb types with 16 editable parameters per reverb type
- Mono and stereo operation
- Floating point DSP processing
- 16 and 24-bit compatible
- Efficient CPU utilization
See PDF for specifications