AV Direct Multi Input Audio/Video Direct Box
The AV Direct from ART is a direct box with a very specific purpose. It is the ideal solution for any situation where stereo iPods, notebook computers, consumer DVD players HiFi equipment or video machines have to be connected to a single XLR microphone level input.
Unlike standard "gender bender" cables or DI boxes, the AV Direct can accept virtually any input connection and output level (including amplified speaker outputs) and offers remote level control, ideal for setting the volume of a component at the source, rather than in an AV room, audio closet or installation rack.
The AV Direct has stereo RCA, 1/8-inch and 1/4-inch TRS line level inputs, as well as a 1/4-inch and bare wire pressure clip speaker level inputs. A switchable high-cut filter and ground lift allow the AV Direct to effectively filter out any extraneous noise.
The speaker level inputs are heavily padded and transformer isolated from the XLR output, allowing amplified speaker level (up to 100 watts @ 8Ω) to be tapped off, and sent to a microphone level input. A 20Hz to 20kHz frequency response ensures the AV Direct will function seamlessly with any high quality audio source.
- Multi-input audio/video passive direct box
- Transformer isolated XLR microphone level output
- Stereo RCA, 1/8" and 1/4" TRS line level inputs
- Mono 1/4" and pressure clip speaker level inputs
- Variable level control
- Switchable low-pass filter
- Ground lift switch
- Balanced 150Ω output
- Input Connections: 2 x RCA phono, 1 x 1/4" TRS phone, 1 x 1/8" stereo mini, 1 x 1/4" TS phone Speaker Level, 2 x Pressure Clip Speaker Level
- Output Connectors: 1 x XLR
- Input Level: Not specified by manufacturer
- Output Level: Not specified by manufacturer
- Controls: 1 x Rotary Control Level Pad, 1 x Ground Lift Switch, 1 x Filter I/O
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Noise: Not specified by manufacturer
- Power: Not applicable
- Dimensions: (WxDxH) 4.6 x 4.7 x 1.75" (117 x 119 x 45mm)
- Weight: 1.3 lbs (0.6 kg)
- Specialties: Switchable 4.8kHz high-cut filter